CEMEX creates value through digital transformation: 2017 Integrated Report
April 5, 2018
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (“CEMEX”) (NYSE: CX) published today its 2017 Integrated Report, “Leading Our Industry’s Digital Transformation.” As CEMEX’s second Integrated Report, it provides comprehensive insight into how the company is creating value across its four strategic pillars: People, Customers, Markets, and Sustainability.
“Our 2017 Integrated Report underscores our commitment to create value for all of our stakeholders by igniting the digital revolution of our industry,” said Fernando A. Gonzalez, CEO of CEMEX. “During 2017, we focused on delivering a superior customer experience and integrating sustainability into all aspects of our business, fostering our global leadership in the industry.”
Some of CEMEX 2017 Integrated Report’s highlights include the company’s:
- Solid financial results despite headwinds and sustained progress toward regaining an investment-grade capital structure
- Focus on leveraging digital technologies to position CEMEX at the forefront of the industry through the launch of its fully digital suite of services, CEMEX Go, and its open innovation and corporate venture capital unit, CEMEX Ventures
- Contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, including its inclusive business models to enable access to housing and basic services for low-income families; high-social impact programs to empower neighboring communities; quarry rehabilitation through Biodiversity Action Plans; and deployment of a robust global carbon emissions reduction strategy, among others
- Commitment to sustainability across its value chain, including the evaluation of its suppliers’ sustainability practices
- Implementation of interconnected Health and Safety networks, tracks, and forums to achieve its worldwide goal of zero injuries.
CEMEX 2017 Integrated Report, “Leading Our Industry’s Digital Transformation,” builds on the company’s evolution in reporting, which aims to facilitate a greater understanding of the relationship between its financial and non-financial key performance indicators, including the company’s operating and governance models.
The 2017 Integrated Report includes an external limited assurance statement by KPMG. Moreover, to better align the report with its stakeholders’ main interests, CEMEX used the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards to prepare its 2017 Integrated Report, opting for the “in accordance” comprehensive option and requesting GRI to conduct its Materiality Disclosures Service.
To learn more about how CEMEX is transforming the construction ecosystem and delivering value for its stakeholders, please visit: https://www.cemex.com/IntegratedReport2017
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable services to customers and communities in more than 50 countries. CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through innovative building solutions, efficiency advancements, and efforts to promote a sustainable future. For more information, please visit: www.cemex.com
CEMEX assumes no obligation to update or correct the information contained in this press release. CEMEX is not responsible for the content of any third-party website or webpage referenced to or accessible through this press release.